All I want for Christmas is to have my three ET kids home. Well .... today we got an email that our tentative travel dates are December 13th!!! That's right - in just 3 weeks! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!
I had been specifically told by our director that we would not have the kids home before Christmas and that we should expect to travel in January. Which means I thought I had 7 more weeks to get ready for our trip and Christmas, rather than three! I am SO excited, but it does throw me a little behind. I'm taking LOTS of deep breaths and making LOTS of lists! I am confident it will all come together just fine! (That's my mantra and I'm sticking to it!) :))))
A couple of specifics you all can pray for:
1) Based on these travel dates, I am feeling very strongly that our court date is December 2nd. We have to pass court for the kids to be legally ours. If we don't pass, our travel will be pushed back until January. Pray that every necessary piece of paper will be there for the judge to approve our case!!
2) The travel agency is working on holding air tickets for us. They are having troubles finding a return flight home for us, which means we will have to stay a couple of extra days in ET. I would like to be home as soon as possible to give the kids some adjustment before the chaos (and joy) of Christmas day.
Psalm 37: 4, 5 "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."


8 comments:
What a great Christmas present!! Praying these dates will work out for you guys...I'm sure all the details will come together :)
WOW, Sherry!! I hope it's true!!! Can you believe it... 3 weeks. Praying for successful court!
how wonderfully exciting!! can't for you to have your beautiful children home!!
Sherry!!! Oh my goodness! What wonderful, exciting news!! I will be praying that court goes smoothly and that there will be no problems. And in following Pete and Melissa's blog it is awesome to hear about your kiddos! No doubt you are loving it!
Sherry,
I am soooo excited for you!!! It is doing my heart good to see you moving through ahead of me as we all had the struggle of El Salvador... Could you have ever imagined this is where you would be!!! God is mighty!!!! Praying for all things to come together!!!!
Kim
TOOOOOO Fantastic! This is wonderful. We will be praying in PA.
Wow!! Very Exciting! I will be praying for success-- lots of peace beyond understanding for all things to come together :)
Love,
Shari
Sherry,
You know we are all praying for you guys, and for all the families! We are praying for a mighty, mighty, miracle!!
Post a Comment