
Do you remember that movie with Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell where they are stuck living Ground Hog's Day over and over until they get it right? Well that's how I've been feeling for a couple of months now. I keep living the same day over and over.
- I wake up realizing that only 3 of my 6 children will be home again today.
- I pray the same prayers asking/begging God to bring our children home.
- I read the same scriptures that I have been clinging to for months.
- I have the same conversations with friends - "No, no updates."
- I have the same conversations with acquaintances - "No they're not home yet."
- I have the same conversations with my family - "I don't know if we can plan that next month, because I don't know when we'll be traveling to Ethiopia."
- I have the same conversations with my friend Kim - "We can't do this anymore - we CAN do this; Maybe the judge will have favor - maybe we'll never get them home; we miss them so much, we miss them so much."
- I hear the same things from my adoption agency - "Things are looking good... we are hopeful for tomorrow... well maybe next week...."
- I read the same threads on our adoption Yahoo Group - people paper chasing; people waiting; people receiving referrals; people waiting; people passing court; people waiting; people traveling to bring their children home; people waiting.
- I have the same battles in mind struggling to take every thought captive and cling to what I know about WHO God is despite my wondering of WHAT God is doing.
- I feel the same pain in my heart when I look at their pictures and wonder how in the world I can be SO in love with three children I have never met.
- I claim the same truths - God is good; God is faithful; God is loving.
- I cry the same tears that don't solve anything.
- I go to bed weary again hoping that tomorrow will be different
- I still choose to BELIEVE .
- I wake up and realize it's still Ground Hog's Day.
I am praying that one of these days I will get to celebrate the DAY AFTER GROUND HOGS DAY!
He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.2 Samuel 22:17-20

8 comments:
Hugs!!!!! My heart is aching for you guys!! Praying for MIRACLES!!! Our God is certainly capable!!
Love you,
Molly
We're praying, Sherry!!
We will be celebrating the day after Gorundhog's Day soon!!
We WILL!!!!!
Whoops! I mean Groundhog's Day.
I hear you girl, I hear you. Groundhogs are such awful, ugly animals!
Someday...
Kim
Was listening to music tonight and was reminded of this one by Newsboys, "When The Tears Fall." I nearly had tears falling singing along to this one just praying for your family and pleading for your children. Just wanted to say that. You guys have passed through my mind many times today. So.... go to Itunes or YouTube and listen!! Hopefully it will encourage you! :)
Love,
Molly
Hey Sherry!! Your kids are absolutely amazing!!! I especially spent a lot of time with A. She is an absolute sweetie!!! I carried her a lot and exchanged lots of kisses!!! Your boys are so full of life and energy... your eldest son is the leader of the little kids. Duni made a funny comment that if the kids are quiet and he is leading the others, then watch out :) We took lots of pictures and have video footage... Kevin is hopefully going to post them in Picasa today (it's on his honey do list)!!! Hopefully I will get a DVD burned and sent off to you quickly as well! God bless you guys and I am praying that you will get your kids soon!!!
Love it...ah, just a glitch in the matrix.
Praying for signatures.
You don't know me but I have been praying for you. We are friends of the Forrests (jacob and hilary).
I love this post. made me laugh out loud. I feel exactly like you a since we are on month 14 of our journey. Praise the Lord that his mercies are new every morning and we will be praying!!!
Post a Comment