Monday, February 23, 2009

Rejoicing!

The song God gave me his morning was "My HOPE is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteous. On Christ the solid rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand."

I really reflected on those words and knew that YES my HOPE is truly in the blood of Jesus and in his righteousness. My hope is not in the answers we would receive today. It is not in the children I do or don't have. It is not in whether He answers my prayers in the way I want them answered. It is simply in Him!

And then I drove in the car and heard the song that says "Your grace is enough." Yes Lord it IS enough. If God NEVER gives me another blessing in my life, the grace He has lavished on me is already more than I deserve. This grace IS my life. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

The one word I could use to sum up my feelings of waiting was "resigned". Whatever answer He had for us today, I was resigned that it would be the right answer. I was resting in the peace that He knows what is best for me. Any pain He allows in my life, He has carefully weighed and measured and determined that it is worth it for the good that will come out of it and for the glory it will bring to him.

I say all that so that you know that my rejoicing in not just about the answer He has given today, but in WHO Christ is.

But we also rejoice that today we received the answer we have been waiting for for 5 1/2 weeks:
YES - OUR CHILDREN OUR COMING HOME!!!!!

God miraculously worked in the hearts of men, and the signature was granted today for our children to be transferred to another orphanage that IS licensed for international adoptions. There are still a few more pieces of paperwork being finished up before our case can be heard at court. We will know more in the coming days what the timeframe will look like. We are fully expectant that it could be in the next few days (which would be a miracle) or it could be several more months.

The Lord has impressed on my heart that I am not to focus on the details or the timing, but in the rejoicing of what He has done today.

Cry out, "Save us, O God our Savior;
gather us and deliver us from the nations,
that we may give thanks to your holy name,
that we may glory in your praise."
Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel,
from everlasting to everlasting.
Then all the people said "Amen" and "Praise the LORD."
I Chronicles 16:35-37

18 comments:

the Garrisons said...

Semlows....we are rejoicing with you today! I cannot wait for the day when you can go and get those sweet darlings and kiss their cheeks! I hope one day we will get to meet these little miracles we have prayed for!! God is good!

Renee' said...

It is an honor and a privilege to walk this adoption road with you Sherry! I am rejoicing today for the GREAT MIRACLE we have seen God do, and in the GREAT MIRACLE God has already done in us and for us.

Gretchen Magruder said...

Praise God!! Sherry, we are rejoicing along with you!!

Sarah and Davis said...

How awesome! God DOES work miracles. We've been praying for you. What wonderful news. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing with you!!!! Praise God!! To Him be the Glory!!!!!
Isaiah, Josiah, and Lydia--
YOU ARE COMING HOME!!!!! We can't wait to meet you and to see God work in your lives even more than He already has!! We Love you!!!!!!

The Burns clan! :)

Kelly said...

Yea for the Semlows!!!! I am so happy for your family!!!!

Karen said...

Praise GOD! Praise GOD! PRAISE GOD!

Jenna said...

Oh, praise God! I can't tell you how happy I am for you all! God is so faithful! I can't wait for these precious children to be home! I will continue to pray for you all and praise Him for this miracle you've been waiting so patiently for!

Alyssa Marie said...

GO GOD!!! HE IS AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

PTL!!!!! I was so excited when I heard the news! We will keep praying for you guys as you continue your journey!

Love you all!
The Houchins

Debi said...

Semlow family,
A HUGE yes!!! Praise God!!! and Amen!!! from Beaverton, OR.
I am rejoicing with you in all God is doing and will do. You are so right that God always does what is good and right and His grace is enough and as hard is it can be, a heart and life of full surrender to God is what we need.
I will continue to pray for you in the days ahead.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Irene said...

We're rejoicing with you!!!!!! Praise the Lord for His goodness!!!! Congratulations!!!!! We'll be praying with you for the rest of the journey. Love you all....the Shaws

ethiHOPEia said...

Praising God with you for His mercies!

Blessings,
Hilary

kim said...

God is amazing Sherry and your faith in Him is an inspiration to all of us! Praising Jesus with you today!!!

Nikki said...

Rejoicing with you this day!!!

Rob and Candy said...

rejoicing with you
xxoo
candy

The Clements said...

We are rejoicing with you over God's amazing love and grace!!! We have been praying with and for you all. We've missed seeing you lately, but please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers constantly!!! We can't wait to meet your new kiddos! Love, Lora and Neil

The Andersons said...

Praise the Lord!