Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter - April Update

Wow, hard to believe we have been home 3 weeks already. Our transition is going very well. I am figuring out life as a momma to 7. The days are good. They are noisy. They are happy. They are full of activity. Let me just say, I go to bed exhausted every night. :)

Mia is doing great. As with most families who adopt older kids, the biggest struggle right now is the language barrier. We are trying to train her in the ways that make our home run smoothly and trying to understand what she is needing, wanting, and feeling. It's hard to do all of these with "charades", but we are making baby steps.

Since, we have been home we have had some good family times.

We celebrated Hollie's 18th Birthday:





Hollie had her Senior Prom:



Isaiah turned 7:




And we celebrated Easter. (I love the row of 5 little ones, ages 4 - 9, but all the same size.)





Wish I had more time to write, but the birthday boy from yesterday (Isaiah) is waiting (not so patiently) to play his new computer game.

1 comments:

Alex said...

Sherry! I love your picture of all the kids at Easter! That in its self is AMAZING! I couldn't get my 3 to stand together! What a beautiful picture!!!