One of the major signs God gave us that made it so clear that we were to change directions with our adoption, was a dream I had the week before we got the updated news from AWAA. Our church fellowship was doing a corporate Daniel fast and several people shared testimonies on dreams God had given them. And so I specifically asked God to give me a dream. There were several major things Kevin and I were praying over for during the fast. One of these was the adoption and one was our house, which has been on the market since September. When God gave me my dream, I thought it was about the house. I shared it with Kevin and a couple of friends, but it didn't make alot of sense. God spoke to me through Daniel 2:28 " there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries" that He alone would reveal the meaning of my dream.
So here is the dream - We were in Hawaii, and Hollie and I were going to go tubing. The current was like a fast running lazy river right along the beach. I commented to Hollie that the current was going the complete opposite direction from the previous day. Before we could get in the water, the lifeguards had everyone get out, because they said there was a storm coming. There were no signs of a storm, but we sat in a bleacher area waiting to be able to get in the water. After awhile, there will still no signs of the storm, but I was getting sun-burned, so I told Hollie we would need to leave and come back later. I found a lifeguard to ask if we could get a receipt to apply the money we had paid to the next time we came, since we didn't get in the water. She asked "where are you building?" I said I couldn't remember, but told her where we were staying. (I gave the name of our current neighborhood.) She said she could only issue a refund receipt, if we were building. I then said "well we are looking at 2911 XXX Lane." (This is a new construction house we have been looking at to buy.) She said "that counts, as long as you're building." And then continued on that it was good to build. - And that was the end of the dream.
Once we got the news from AWAA, the change of current and the storm coming without any warning seemed to fit the adoption situation, but I still didn't get the rest. I shared the dream with another friend, and she said "that isn't clear to you?" And when I said no, she encouraged me to write it down. The next day, I called her and said "Is my dream clear to you, because I think it is, but it isn't clear to me." And so instead of telling me her interpretation/opinion, she just repeated back to me what I had told her my dream was and all of a sudden lightbulbs went on. (So cool, since she did not know that God had told me that no one but Him would tell me the meaning of my dream.)
The part about the receipt to use the money for another time totally correlated with the news from our agency. They were graciously allowing us to transfer all of the agency fees we had already paid to any new country we applied to. We could not get a refund, but as long as we continued the process (of building - our family), we could have the money applied.
WOW! It was very clear to us that we were to change directions, and continue on in the process but with another country.
Two other thoughts God had brought to my mind during these days were:
-That we could sit and wait and have nothing happen for two more years, or that we could bring an orphan home from another country in that same time. (Why would we continue waiting when there are orphans we could be helping right now?)
-That we should watch where God was working and join Him there. (from Experiencing God by Henry Blackabee) - (Not that God isn't working in ES. He's just not moving their government right now to free up the process. We do see Him moving very strongly right now in China Special Needs and in Ethiopia. Two options we are considering.)
We were so blessed by how clear God was and how easy this made our decision. It was hard to read the posts from our ES Yahoo Group and hear the struggle others were going through in trying to decide whether He wants them to stay the course or change directions. One family posted it well when they said that some would be called to stay and others would be called to change, but God would make His will clear to each of us. We were praising Him for making His will for us SO clear, SO quickly.
"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.
He changes times and seasons; (and countries)
he set up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers;
You have given me wisdom and power,
you have made known to me what we asked of you,
you have made know to us the dream of the King."
So here is the dream - We were in Hawaii, and Hollie and I were going to go tubing. The current was like a fast running lazy river right along the beach. I commented to Hollie that the current was going the complete opposite direction from the previous day. Before we could get in the water, the lifeguards had everyone get out, because they said there was a storm coming. There were no signs of a storm, but we sat in a bleacher area waiting to be able to get in the water. After awhile, there will still no signs of the storm, but I was getting sun-burned, so I told Hollie we would need to leave and come back later. I found a lifeguard to ask if we could get a receipt to apply the money we had paid to the next time we came, since we didn't get in the water. She asked "where are you building?" I said I couldn't remember, but told her where we were staying. (I gave the name of our current neighborhood.) She said she could only issue a refund receipt, if we were building. I then said "well we are looking at 2911 XXX Lane." (This is a new construction house we have been looking at to buy.) She said "that counts, as long as you're building." And then continued on that it was good to build. - And that was the end of the dream.
Once we got the news from AWAA, the change of current and the storm coming without any warning seemed to fit the adoption situation, but I still didn't get the rest. I shared the dream with another friend, and she said "that isn't clear to you?" And when I said no, she encouraged me to write it down. The next day, I called her and said "Is my dream clear to you, because I think it is, but it isn't clear to me." And so instead of telling me her interpretation/opinion, she just repeated back to me what I had told her my dream was and all of a sudden lightbulbs went on. (So cool, since she did not know that God had told me that no one but Him would tell me the meaning of my dream.)
The part about the receipt to use the money for another time totally correlated with the news from our agency. They were graciously allowing us to transfer all of the agency fees we had already paid to any new country we applied to. We could not get a refund, but as long as we continued the process (of building - our family), we could have the money applied.
WOW! It was very clear to us that we were to change directions, and continue on in the process but with another country.
Two other thoughts God had brought to my mind during these days were:
-That we could sit and wait and have nothing happen for two more years, or that we could bring an orphan home from another country in that same time. (Why would we continue waiting when there are orphans we could be helping right now?)
-That we should watch where God was working and join Him there. (from Experiencing God by Henry Blackabee) - (Not that God isn't working in ES. He's just not moving their government right now to free up the process. We do see Him moving very strongly right now in China Special Needs and in Ethiopia. Two options we are considering.)
We were so blessed by how clear God was and how easy this made our decision. It was hard to read the posts from our ES Yahoo Group and hear the struggle others were going through in trying to decide whether He wants them to stay the course or change directions. One family posted it well when they said that some would be called to stay and others would be called to change, but God would make His will clear to each of us. We were praising Him for making His will for us SO clear, SO quickly.
"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.
He changes times and seasons; (and countries)
he set up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers;
You have given me wisdom and power,
you have made known to me what we asked of you,
you have made know to us the dream of the King."
-Daniel 2:20-23 (italics my added words)


0 comments:
Post a Comment