Monday, June 9, 2008

Hand in Hand


Kaden has had a stomache ailment that has resulted in him not keeping food down for 7 days. (Praise the Lord, I think today was finally the turning point!) Last night Kevin was sitting on the floor of Kaden's room, holding his hand through the crib, as Kaden struggled to fall asleep. Kevin later shared with me that this time with Kaden made him sad to think that if Lydia were to get sick in the orphange, there would likely not be anyone there to hold her hand into the night.


It is sweet for me to know that Kevin's heart is longing for his little Lydia, just as my heart is. But bigger than that is the sweetness that the Lord has blessed me with a hubby who has a heart for orphans and a spirit that listens to and obeys the Lord. We could have never imagined this crazy ride the Lord planned to set us on. Through all the up and downs and all the highs and lows, I have been blessed to know that Kevin has been with me every heartbeat of this ride. I do not take for granted that this ride is as much his as it is mine. He heard the Lord's calling and said "Here am I Lord, send me." And for that my heart is full! Thank you Kevin that you are holding MY hand through every step of this journey!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherry, I'm glad to hear Kaden is feeling better. We've been praying for him.