Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We Didn't Pass ...

We received news today that we did NOT pass court. Best estimates at this point are that we will travel in February to pick up our three.

We are so thankful to our God for showing Himself faithful to us today in very tangible ways. Even in the midst of tears, we know that He will carry this work out to completion. We covet your prayers as we are emotionally and physically weary. This journey is certainly not for the faint of heart! (As many of you know from first-hand experience.)


We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Cor 4:8,16-18

13 comments:

Molly said...

Oh Semlows!!! I'm so sorry!! :( My heart hurts for you! But you are right that God WILL carry this out to completion, in His perfect timing. May you find joy and peace in Him, though it may be hard to find it in your circumstances. Your family verse, Jeremiah 29:11 sums it up perfectly, that His plans are perfect, to give you a future and a hope.

Love you guys!!

Molly

Kelly said...

I am thinking and praying for you all. I hope that somehow that this wait will be shortened. Many Blessings!!

Susan said...

I am sorry for your disappointing news.

~Susan

kim said...

Sherry,

I am sorry you all did not pass court today. Hang on! God has perfect timing. He didn't move us from El Salvador to Ethiopia for nothing :) He has plans to prosper!!! We are lifting you up in prayers and believing God will renew your spirit and bring you peace through this last hurdle.

Love you guys!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Sherry & family--
We are so sorry for such a hard thing to endure...it hurts so! Hold fast to Him...He will see and bring you through.
We continue to pray for you,
Amy & Dietrich

Rob and Candy said...

Sherry, I am so sorry you did not pass court. Praying for you and your family.
candy

Name Nazi said...

What does this mean? Can you give some background information for those of us outside of the international adoption loop? Why would you not have passed? Why, if you didn't pass this time, do you hope to pass a second time? I don't completely understand the process.

And I'm so so sorry for this setback. Prayers for the healing of your ENTIRE family (as I know those three are waiting to come home to you as well!)

Anonymous said...

Semlows,

My heart ACHES for you!!!! Like Molly said, Jeremiah 29:11 sums it up perfectly!!! He'll bring those kids home to you soon!!!! His timing is perfect!!!! May you find rest and peace in Him!!!!

Love you guys!

Taylor

Kimberly Kulp said...

I LOVE YOU SHERRY SEMLOW. There is no one else I would rather be in the trenches of this battle with than you.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do for and through us and Enf** babies in Ethiopia!

Your FEBRUARY 1st TRAVEL BUDDY (Yes, I claimed it!!!)
Kim

Ethiopianmomma said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I know this is hard news! Let the count down begin for FEBRUARY! I pray that the time with go by quickly for you and for them.
Can you email me privately your mailing address. I have something I need to mail to you.

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Dear Semlows,
Oh, our hearts hurt so badly for you. Please know that we are holding you in our prayers through this tough time. You are an amazing family.

Anonymous said...

We prayed for you all at church today!!! Believing in a miracle in bringing these kids home!!!!!

We all love you guys!!!!

~Taylor

Christy said...

Dear Semlow Family,
Since I only "know" China, I don't understand what not passing court means. But, I do know my heart totally sunk when I heard the news. Please know you are in my prayers.

Christy
mom to MIa, Ava and Kai, adopted 2005, 2006 and 2008 China