Sunday, January 18, 2009

Believing for a Miracle & Isaiah's Birthday

We are Believing for a Miracle on Tuesday!!!!

Mark 11:22-24 says "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

We ask that you all to continue to pray without ceasing on behalf of Isaiah, Josiah, Lydia and our dear friend's baby Micah. We know God is able! And we are walking this out in faith that He will!


Isaiah's 5th Birthday

Today our sweet Isaiah turns 5. We wish we were with him on this day. We are thankful that he is in a place where he is happy and loved, but HOME is where he should be!

Isaiah - Oh the stories we will have to tell you of God's faithfulness in our journey to get you! This big miracle we are praying for today on your 5th birthday is one that we will never forget and never fail to tell you about on EVERY birthday hereafter. There are countless people praying for you today! I can't even imagine what God must have planned for your life, but I know it's going to be BIG! My heart is aching today that I am not there to hug and hold you and see your big smile. The joy of the Lord just shines in your smile and your eyes! Even the very first picture we got of you, you looked a little scared, but you were still smiling. And so today to honor your joyful spirit, our family is choosing to smile ALL day thinking about how soon it will be that we have you home with us! We love you buddy! We can't wait to have you home forever!

Love Mommy
xoxoxoxoxo

9 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Isaiah! I am praying for your family and believing God for a miracle!

Jenna said...

I'm praying precious Isaiah has a very blessed birthday, and praying for a miracle that all of them will be HOME soon!

Debi said...

Semlow Family,
I just found your blog yesterday and wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your precious little ones. God is mighty to save and is able to keep all we commit to Him.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

BridgetdSmith said...

Sweet friends you ALL have been heavy on my heart and I am praying consatntly !! As I sat in church today I flipped to the book of Isaiah...how appropriate on his special day!! As I read Isaiah 45:1-3 I wrote each one of the children's names beside it along with yours Sherry.

I pray it "speaks" hope & encouragement to you!

Thus says the LORD to ------- His anointed,Whom I have taken by the right hand,to subdue nations before you and to loose the hold of kings. To open doorsbefore youso that the gates will not be shut;I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through iron bars. I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden wealth of secret places, so that you may know that it is I, the LORD,the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.

Praying this over Isaiah, Josiah, Lydia and YOU!!

noahandlylasmommi said...

I am praying for your family!

Irene said...

Happy Birthday Isaiah! We have been praying for you all non-stop. You are always on my mind and we are pleading before the Throne for a miracle! We are believing with you that your precious children will be home in your arms where they belong soon!!! We love you all!!!

kim said...

Happy Birthday Isaiah! We are praying you and your siblings home sweet boy!

Sherry - I am so proud of you and how you are handling this journey friend! Keeping the faith with you! Our God is perfect in ALL he does and allows to happen.

I can't wait until we are both off of this roller coaster and enjoying the lazy river at Big C with our kids!!! Oh what joy that will be!!! Love you!!!
Kim

The Clements said...

We're praying for a miracle!!! Our God is ABLE!!
Love, Lora

Anonymous said...

Happyu Birthday, sweet Isaih! Praying and believing for a miracle today!

Love,
Emilee