Friday, January 16, 2009

WE NEED A MIRACLE!!!!!!!

We need your prayers for a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!

An official in the ET government has decided to rescind their "Letter of Recommendation" for our adoption due to some issues with the license of the original orphanage our children came from. Without this letter our adoption cannot be approved by the judge.

We need specific prayers that Duni, the director with our agency, will find case precedent for an adoption case similar to ours, to help persuade the ET official to write our letter of recommendation. She is working through the night tonight to try and find this. We have been told that it will take a miracle, as this is like looking for a needle in a haystack. We know our God is able!!

We also need prayers that God would change the heart of the government official that has changed her mind on our case. Proverbs 21:1 says "The hearts of the king is in the hands of the LORD. Like the rivers of water HE turns it wherever He wishes."

We are trusting Him for a miracle on these specifics and all the other details that must come together for us to successfully pass court on Tuesday!!

We know these children are ours! We are trusting God! WE ARE ASKING YOU TO PRAY!!!


Isaiah 46:11b
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass
I have purposed it;
I will also do it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Semlow Family,
Please know that we are covering you in prayer!!!! We know HE is able!!!! We have seen Him work miracles before and we know He can work this one!!!!

Covering you guys in prayer,
Taylor

Anonymous said...

Semlows-

We will be praying for your family! God has a plan for you and these precious children.

Jeremiah 29:11
I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

Love you all!

Praying these kids home!
Emilee and the Houchin clan

Kimberly Kulp said...

I love you Semlows. He has already done more than we could have asked or imagined!
Praying without ceasing...
Kim

BridgetdSmith said...

Sweet sweet friend! You KNOW I am interceding! You KNOW that the Spirit is groaning on your behalf & you KNOW that Jesus at God's right hand is as well! These babes are being battled for!

Love you! And continue to REPEAT that verse ...God CAN and HAS changed hearts of kings... May God receive GLORY as you continue to rely on Him!

Gretchen Magruder said...

Semlows,
we are confident that God can move mountains for your children!!

Jenna said...

Semlows,
I am praying in faith and believing that God will work miracles tonight!
Love,
Jenna

Fiona said...

We are praying for you in PA. Both my husband and I, and our 3 boys will be petitioning on your behalf and for your children in Africa.

Do not fear - our God is able.

Much love,
Fiona

Melissa Juvinall said...

We are praying Psalm 40 for you tonight. I wept as I just read it again! U2 has a song called "40" based on the psalm as well...you should grab it off of iTunes. I love you, Sherry! He is mighty to save!

Nikki said...

Praying for your family. God is faithful. May God be glorified in all of the details that He will work out to bring your kids home!

B DuBose said...

We are praying for you, Semlow family!

Daniel 9:17
"Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, O Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary."

We lift you up,
Bobbie & Greg DuBose

the Garrisons said...

Semlows,

Be encouraged that many believers are lifting you and your children up in prayer - God is good and He will receive the glory as He brings your children home to you!!

We are walking right beside you!!

Kathy Garrison

Karen said...

we are praying for you guys...your grace in this situation is amazing. we're praying that your children will be home to their family soon.