Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God is on the Throne

MOW@ did not write our letter of recommendation, so our case was not able to move forward.

We are moving to Plan B ...

Our agency has already started the process of transferring the paperwork for our children to another orphanage that has the necessary licensing for international adoptions. Once this paperwork is completed, they will begin the referral paperwork and process all over again as a new case. Through the normal channels this process will take 4 to 5 months to complete. We are praying for God's favor that we will have a shortened time frame.

Our hearts are hurting, but we are trusting God. He showed me on Saturday that this whole licensing mess IS the miracle. Our kids should not be coming out of Ethiopia. They were taken to an orphanage not licensed to adopt them out of Ethiopia. But by this miracle, MOW@ said yes long enough to bring them this far in the process that they have been placed into our family and will be coming home to us. We rejoice in this miracle!

We ask for continued prayers that every step of our paperwork will be granted favor. Our God is faithful and we are clinging to Him alone!


Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood since the earth was founded?
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
He brings princes to naught
and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.
No sooner are they planted,
no sooner are they sown,
no sooner do they take root in the ground,
than he blows on them and they wither,
and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff.
"To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.
Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
Why do you say, O Jacob,
and complain, O Israel,
"My way is hidden from the LORD;
my cause is disregarded by my God"?
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:21-31

8 comments:

Molly said...

I've tried to type this comment several times but can't manage to get the words out. Sometimes Scripture speaks better than we can, though. So here's the scripture I've been praying for you guys:

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
2 Corinthians 4:7-9

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Your family has been hard pressed, perplexed, and struck down time and time again, yet there is still hope and joy. This journey has forced you to seek God with all of your heart, and I know that you have found Him, in all of the love that He lavishes upon His children.

God will be glorified through it all, and the reunion with your children will be that much sweeter.

Love you guys!
Molly

Kimberly Kulp said...

I love you Sherry Semlow. Soon, very soon, at the PERFECT TIME, God will turn our mourning into dancing. I can't wait to see what this new chapter holds for you and I my dear and wonderful friend.

YOU ARE PART OF MY MIRACLE.

Kim

Debi said...

Semlows,
I just wanted to let you know that you and your beautiful children are in my heart and thoughts and prayers. We desired a different outcome and it is hard. May God comfort, strengthen and guide you through this season of continued waiting and trusting.
The verse I pray for you: "May the God of hope fill you with joy and strength as you trust in Him so that you may abound in hope by the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 and also Jeremiah 29:11.
He is faithful and He will do it in His time.

Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Rob and Candy said...

Sherry, each one of your beautiful children flashed before my eyes. I cannot wait until you hold each child. I love the verse Molly quoted 2 Corinthians 4:7-9... it's perfect.
xxoo
candy

Planned and Purposed said...

Sherry - you are continually in my thoughts and prayers. I know that God will make a way. Isaiah 45 tells us that HE will go before us and make the rough places smooth and that HE will shatter the doors of bronze and HE will but thru their iron bars. I'm believing this for your family....for your children. Here's a poem I wanted to share with you. Much Love and Prayers!!



I’M HERE


DON’T WORRY, SWEET ONE
I’M STILL RIGHT HERE
I HAVEN’T FORGOTTEN YOU
I’VE SEEN EVERY TEAR

I WILL CARRY YOU THROUGH
CLING TIGHTLY TO MY HAND
LET ME CALM ALL YOUR FEARS
I’LL GIVE YOU STRENGTH TO STAND

JUST CALL ON MY NAME
TELL ME WHAT YOU NEED
IS IT REASSURANCE AND LOVE
MAYBE COURAGE AND PEACE

THESE THINGS ARE MINE TO GIVE TO YOU
LET ME HAVE YOUR UNCERTAINTY AND YOUR FEAR
OF THE THINGS IN THE FUTURE
THAT SEEM SO UNCLEAR

I AM THE PRINCE OF PEACE
MORE THAN ABLE TO CARRY YOUR LOAD
KEEP YOUR EYES LOCKED ON TO MINE
I’LL HOLD YOU STEADY ON THIS ROCKY ROAD

I LOVE YOU MORE
THAN YOU’LL EVER KNOW
I’LL TAKE CARE OF YOU
I WILL NEVER LET GO

noahandlylasmommi said...

I am praying for your family!

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Sherry,
We are praying the creator of the universe will use move over your situation and bring your children home very soon. We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Semlows-

I am praying for each one of you during this hard time in your lives! I am trusting and believing with you that God will take care of it! We love you all!

Emilee
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I hae for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future!