Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympics Addict


Is anyone else staying up too late watching the Olympics?! Every night, I promise myself not to stay up so late the next night, and then I get sucked in again. It is so fun and entertaining!!!


For a little fun, leave me a comment on your favorite Olympic moment so far. I think this will leave a memorable "journal" for our child(ren) of what we did the year we were waiting for them to come home.

6 comments:

Molly said...

I'm with you there on the staying up too late! :P Every morning it's harder to roll out of bed with my alarm!

Anyway, my favorite Olympic moment this year would have to be seeing Michael Phelps give that final lunge at the finish line to get gold in that one race (can't remember which one it was). It was incredible!!

kim said...

Oh my goodness Sherry! We haven't been to bed before midnight since these games started. I think for us most memberable was a couple of things.... 1. Anxiously awaiting the Ethiopia team to arrive in the parade of nations (it's funny how excited we were - as equal to the US arrival) and 2. Watching the 10,000 meter race as Gold was won by Ethiopians. We are big track and field fans in general!

Blessings,
Kim

Susan said...

We are so hooked on the Olympics here too! My favorite moment was the men's swimming relay when Lezak (sp?) who was swimming freestyle zoomed up on the French guy (who had been talking smack) to win for the USA!!

~Susan

Rebecca Caldwell said...

I love the olympics too! And yes, I have been staying up tooo late! My most favorite moment would have to be the same as Susan's..that was awesome!

Travis and Lindsey's Ethiopia Adoption said...

Sherry-we too have been staying up super late!!! We have been hooked on the women's beach volleyball and were glad to see them win the gold last night.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry!
We've been staying up far too late here as well ~ but Traig says it only happens once every four years so that makes it okay :>.
My favorite Olympic moment has to be when 41 year-old swimmer Dara Torres won the silver in the 50m freestyle ~ she lost by .01 of a second. She is the oldest Olympic swimming medalist EVER and the only one to medal in FIVE Olympics. Amazing!!! Let's hear it for age and experience! Score one for the moms!!
Blessings,
Laura :>