Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Prayer Update

Thank you to all who have been faithful in praying our children home. I talked to our agency again today, and they requested that I rally our prayer warriors tonight.

We asked you all to pray back in February for a specific signature needed to transfer our children to an orphanage with the proper licensing to complete our adoption. Without this signature and transfer, our children are not eligible to be adopted out of Ethiopia. After that meeting, we rejoiced and reported that the signature had been obtained and that there was just some additional pieces that needed completed for our children.

Well as we have gained more information, we have come to understand that the needed signature was NOT obtained for our children, because they are from a different region than the official at that February meeting. - So the paperwork we have been asking you to pray over since that time, is still the same paperwork. We are still needing ONE signature to transfer our children to the licensed orphanage. Our agency just has not been able to track down and connect with the official who has authority in the region our children are from.

This official was reached last week and agreed to look at our paperwork on Monday. As of today, he still hasn't signed it. A face to face meeting will happen tomorrow with the director of our agency, the director of the orphanage, and this official to try to get the signature needed.

We ask that you pray that God would move MOUNTAINS! We ask that you pray the meeting would go well, and that God would direct the heart (and hand) of this official to SIGN OUR PAPERS.

We are SOOOO BLESSED to know that you all have faithfully prayed on behalf of our children. We ask that tonight you would once again plead with our Father to complete this step.

8 comments:

Amy said...

PRAYING!!! Isaiah 49:25
But this is what the LORD says:
"Yes, captives will be taken from warriors,
and plunder retrieved from the fierce;
I will contend with those who contend with you,
and your children I will save.

HE IS THE CONTENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the word verification for this post:
myrod... makes me think of Psalm 23...the Good Shepherd, taking that rod and guiding each sheep so that not ONE is lost!

love and prayers, Amy

Jenny said...

I'm crying out to the Lord! He is good! May your sweet little ones come to their forever home quickly with all the glory going to Him. Love, Jenny Kohlrus

burns family said...

PRAYING!!!!!!

BridgetdSmith said...

Sweet Lady! I have and will continue to pray til your E babes are HOME!!!

He has cuased hands to write on walls!! I KNOW He can "influence" this "official's hand"...

Loving you and KNOWING whose hand carries & guides!!

Debi said...

Hi Sherry and Semlows,
I truky have not stopped prying for you, Isaiah, Josiah and Lydia since the day I heard of you and your journey of faith.
"The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the LORD, At the presence of the LORD of the whole earth. The heavens declare His righteousness, and all the peoples see His glory." Psalm 97:5-6
Our God IS mighty to save and nothing is too hard for Him. Trusting Him to melt mountains and hearts.
God is with and for you and Isaiah, Josiah and Lydia and He loves you.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Debi said...

Some typos in my first post. It should read: I truly have not stopped praying for you, Isaiah, Josiah and Lydia since the day I heard of you and your journey of faith. I guess it is hard to proofread through the tears.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Rebecca Caldwell said...

WE ARE PRAYING!

Irene said...

We are praying too!!! We love you all and we are pleading for our God to move mountains!!