Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pray for our Court Date


Tomorrow night while we are sleeping, a judge in Ethiopia will hear our case and prayerfully finalize the adoption of our children. We are SO excited to think that Isaiah, Josiah, and Lydia are almost legally our children. In our hearts and minds they have been our children for almost 7 months now, but this step means we can FINALLY bring them home.
.
I have so many details that "I" think need prayed over. My temptation is to give you a list of these items to specifically pray over. However, last night the Lord showed me a verse in 2 Peter 2:9 that says "the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials". And so I just ask you to pray however the Lord leads that His purposes would be accomplished tomorrow. He alone knows HOW to rescue them. He alone holds the victory!
.
Lord willing we will receive great news on Thursday and will be able to post pictures of our three beautiful children that day. We will then leave in TWO weeks to bring them home.
.
We are waiting with great hope and expectation. :)

8 comments:

Melissa Juvinall said...

I KNOW you guys can't wait to meet your kids, but I'm stupid excited to see them again!!!

Name Nazi said...

I'm praying that your wait and the wait for the kids is nearly over!

I'm curious ... how are you preparing for them to come home? I know that they have rooms in your house and all that, but are there other suggested ways to prepare your house and family to make the transition easier for them? Has the agency you are working with given you insight into how they might adjust? Has the orphanage caring for them given them photos of your family and talked to them about the move? How do you even plan to bring them on the LONG flight home when they can't understand English? Or do they understand English?

I'm full of questions. Just in case you run out of bloggy material. :)

Prayers tonight ...

Ethiopianmomma said...

We are praying for you! Can not wait to check back here tomorrow and see that the kids are yours officially!!!!!

Irene said...

Sherry, we are joining you in prayer and we also wait with great hope and expectation for God to work wonders tonight!!! Can't wait till you board that plane to meet your darling children. You've waited so long. Will you be able to sleep tonight?? :o) We love you all.

Kari said...

We are praying and can't WAIT to see their pictures!!!!!!!!!
This is it...
the best is yet to come:)
xoxo

kim said...

Praying for you Semlow Family!!! Praying only God's will be done and that you are blessed beyond measure for trusting Him!!
Love you lots,
Kim

Kimberly Kulp said...

Waiting, praying, BELIEVING in this house!
LOVE YOU SO,
Kim

Debi said...

Sherry and Semlows,
I am praying and believing God with you for a victorious court hearing tonight and a victory report tomorrow, with pictures!! God is still at work on our behalf while we are sleeping.

God loves you, Isaiah, Josiah and Lydia.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi