It's hard to believe we have had our three Ethioipian babes home a whole year now! Oh how far we have come!!!!!!!!
I spent some time re-reading through the blog posts we wrote while we were in Ethiopia last year, including all the comments you wrote to help us through that difficult trip. I looked through all of our trip pictures, and I could instantly see, smell, and feel everything we experienced in Ethiopia. Praise the Lord that it hasn't faded, because I never want to forget how life changing that trip was.
I laughed this week with friends over memories of my birthday last year. We had just been home 4 days, our kids were a mess, and we were a wreck. My girlfriends came over and manned the home front and sent me out to get a pedicure all by myself. It's humorous now to think back, but at the time I wasn't sure I would survive.
But we have done more than survive! Our family has woven together. Our kids are thriving. I can take them all to the pool or the dentist by myself. (Believe me this is a miracle from where we were last year.) Their fear is gone. The love we have to give is being received. There is peace and laughter in our home. It is good. GOD IS GOOD!!
Here is a little slide show of some of those first days in Ethiopia with our kids. What precious memories. :)
PS - STAY TUNED FOR BIG CHANGES COMING FOR THE SEMLOW FAMILY & OUR BLOG.

3 comments:
What an amazing year!! So glad that in God's good plans, your sweet kids came home right on time.
Praying God's guidence over you step by step in your journey of faith.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi
What an awesome year. . and unforgettable Easter.
We are adopting set of 2 siblings (boy age 8, girl age 6) hope to travel this summer. . passed court!!! Your blog is a blessing.
Sherry - All of the kids look great. I can see it in their eyes and in their confident smiles. You HAVE all been knit together as a family and it is sooooo good to see. with love, Karen Wistrom
Post a Comment