The burden for the orphans and the poor of Ethiopia is growing heavier on my heart as each day goes by. I know we have said yes to the call to adopt - but is it enough? Is it really as "radical" as He has called us to be? These questions have been running over and over in my mind. Last night I laid in bed with Kevin and said we don't do more because we are SELFISH and SCARED! I am trying to figure out "what is enough"? I feel that I was born for "such a time as this". But what exactly is "this"?
I read two posts today that really captured what I'm feeling. I pray that you won't pass these by, but that you will allow the Lord to challenge you with these thoughts, so well written by others.
http://beboldjen.blogspot.com/2008/05/red-letters-campaign-very-important.html


2 comments:
I know what you mean. After visiting the orphanages in Ethiopia and seeing that their is still more work to be done, I came home asking myself what else I could do. I am praying that God will show us how we can help.
With Love,
Penelope
I feel your heart, Mrs. Semlow. The need is SOOOOO great yet I feel so small. My love for these precious children is so huge and it breaks my heart to know that there is even one child without a family. At least you guys are able to adopt, though. You can be thankful that the Lord has given you the opportunity to bring a child home into your family. I long to do that and in the Lord's time, hopefully I will (even if it means i have to wait 10 years until after i'm married!!) I'm praying that the Lord would pierce the Church with great conviction and that she would rise up WITHOUT FEAR and follow after the Lord's heart for these kids by adopting them. May the Lord give you strength and wisdom as you seek out His will for your family. He's given you passion for a purpose.
Thanks for sharing and sorry for this long comment. I just kept typing!! :)
Love,
Molly
Post a Comment