Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mommy's Boy - For A Day


Everyone who has been around Kaden for a short while, knows that he is totally a DADDY's boy. Now don't get me wrong, I know he loves me. But when DADDY's home, he doesn't want anything to do with me. He only wants daddy to play with him, read him books, change his diaper (there are benefits with this one), give him a bath, put him to bed, etc.


Well on Wednesday (after I had had a particularly hard Tuesday - see previous post), he decided I was just what he needed. We had a great day building legos, playing choo-choos, going to Kindermusik, playing choo-choos, reading books, playing choo-choos (guess what his favorite is?). Anyhow, when daddy got home he said "You not pay, I pay mommy." And I felt VERY loved! Kaden and I played the whole rest of the night. Daddy seemed a little lost with what to do with his evening, but I loved every minute of it. I got lots of cuddles and snuggles and kisses and hugs. I think God knew just what I needed! It was pure delight!!


I was hoping that just maybe Kaden had decided that mommy was his favorite after all. When I went in to get him up the next morning he said "I wan dadda." Back to reality ... but thrilled to have had my one day. :)

1 comments:

Molly said...

Hmm.. I read that book to him a couple of times when I babysat. Must be his favorite. He's such a cutie!! But he definitely knows who his "buddy" is! :)