I have sensed more than ever that a spiritual battle that is being fought over the orphans in Ethiopia (and many other countries as well). One example is lack of rain, I mentioned in my previous post, that is causing the electricity rationing, which is resulting in communication and court delays.
I was doing a study on Daniel Chapter 10 this past week and was blown away by the words in verses 12 - 14. An angel tells Daniel that they heard his prayers from the first day he started fasting and praying, but they were delayed for 21 days in coming with an answer, because of a battle they were fighting in the heavenlies! Can you imagine!? Here is the actual passage:
Then he said, “Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia. Now I am here to explain what will happen to your people in the future, for this vision concerns a time yet to come.”
We have got to be diligent about praying for Duni and Terra and Girmachew and all the TH and AWAA staff! We need to be fervent in lifting up each court date and each referral in waiting. We need to cover each child who has been placed and is waiting to come home.
Sometimes it is easy to make this journey about us and our family (and it is to an extent) but it is SO much BIGGER than any of us can imagine! The Lord is allowing us victories in the battle!!! Let us not be discouraged, but continue to fight the hard fight! And we cannot let Satan steal our joy in process. We have SO much to be thankful for! And we serve a God who is more powerful than the enemy!!! Praise you Jesus!
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. - Ephesians 6:11-13

4 comments:
So very well said! I could not agree more and have "put on the armor" with you!
Blessings, Jori
WFR 02/19 either x2
First off.....Congrats on that package of important papers making it to its destination!!
Secondly... thank you for the reminder ... to PRAY! For the children EVERYWHERE!
I have friends adopting from Ethiopia (YOU), Guatemala, Ukraine, China.. NOW! And as I read your plea I KNEW that I personally NEED to petition & praise God more fervently on behalf of EVERYone involved...parents, administrators, directors, guides, consulates, birthparents, fosterparents, sponsor parents, translators, nannies, Drs, every hand that these precious childrens "lives" (papers)pass ...and "powers that be" in each country.....
I agree and am "gearing up" to battle along side you for these babes of HIS!!!
HUGE Hugs~B
So excited about your package arrival! One step closer. One more milestone. As I am trying to type my wee one is trying to push every computer key. Something about when Mama is on she shows interest!!!
Thank you for sharing such a vivid reminder of what it is all about. How many times I lose sight of His big picture and get so caught up in my little world. I want to see as He does and join Him there.
Are you reading "Dangerous Surrender?" I noticed a comment you made to Amy (gloriously ruined). Chad and I are reading it and it is shaking our world! If you are readiing it, would love to talk with you.
Much love,
Melissa
Thanks for dropping by. I know just what you're talking about with this post. It's been something that has been impressed upon my heart as well.
Post a Comment