Monday, April 7, 2008

Peace!


The Lord has really been speaking to me lately about PEACE. I feel that I am entering a season where He is going to teach me about PEACE. I don't sense that it will necessarily be a peaceful season, just one where I learn to rest in His peace.
Three related words He has given me are TRUST, PATIENCE, and REJOICING. This I believe will be the key to learning to rest in His peace.

TRUST - Over the past several months the Lord has really convicted me about whether I truly TRUST Him. My words would have been Yes, but my worrying, stress, disappointments, fears, exasperation, etc. regarding our change in direction with our adoption really indicated otherwise. So I have been walking through letting go of MY vision for this adoption journey and trusting GOD's vision, as I know it is SOOO much better than I could imagine. Continuing to TRUST Him on a daily basis to write the story His way WILL bring greater peace, than writing it my way, and being disappointed that it's not what He had in mind.

PATIENCE - I know that the day our little one will come was already written on the calendar before the creation of the world. No worrying I do or stress I allow, will change that date. This has brought real peace to me as we have been re-doing our paperwork. I am so much more laid back and PATIENT about when each piece will get done. If the Lord prompts me to follow up on something I certainly will. But if He doesn't, making 5 phone calls to figure out who's holding something up isn't on my agenda (like it was when we did El Salvador paperwork). It's very freeing to let Him control what He is already sovereign over. Our sermon yesterday was on having patience and my daily verse today was on the same. It feels good to be in a place where it's confirming what I'm walking, rather than kicking me in the behind to get to where I need to be. :)

REJOICING - A big part of peace is having a heart of thanksgiving and in rejoicing. On a daily basis, the Lord gives me so many delights, and when I'm having a stressful attitude or disgruntled spirit, I am missing all of these blessings. And it's amazing how when you begin to rejoice and thank Him, how it's hard to stay in a state of worry.

And so, as I begin to walk this season of PEACE, I will TRUST, I will have PATIENCE, and I will REJOICE!!!

My theme verse for this season is Philippians 4:4-6

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comments:

Travis and Lindsey's Ethiopia Adoption said...

Sherry-This post is just what I needed to hear!!! I am TRUSTING that in God's time our last document will arrive and we will have everything sent in. What an uplifting post!!!
Lindsey