
Last summer we started thinking about moving to a house with more bedroooms that would better accomodate the little ones we are adopting. (Just one right now, but we're planning on more.) In September, we found a house that we really liked on Buffalo Lane. We put our house on the market, as we knew we had to sell before we could buy. Several times, we were told an offer was coming in on the Buffalo house that weekend, but come Monday it would have fallen through. Kevin and I prayed through this time that God would "save it for us" if He wanted us in it, but if not to sell it to someone else, because we only wanted to be where He wants us.
In February, neither our house nor the one on Buffalo had sold. One night a lady in our small group shared a story about some snowman china. Five years ago, they had needed more place settings to their snowman china, but when they found it, they didn't feel they should spend the money on it. In February they went on a trip and found the same box of china (at least they think so, based on the amount of dust on the box), and it ended up ringing up for $1.29! She said she didn't know why she was supposed to share the story, but felt God wanted someone to know he was "saving something for them". At this point, I was poking Kevin and mouthing "the house"!
Three days later, I ran into our realtor, and she said that the realtor for the builder of the house on Buffalo had called after another offer didn't come through on it. She told our realtor to tell us they were "saving it for us". I about fell over, as I knew this was confirmation from the Lord.
Within a week, our house sold and we bought the house on Buffalo. We packed and moved in three weeks and then went on vacation. (Which is why my blog has been so quiet for the past few weeks.) Anyhow, we are now blessed to be in this beautiful new home. And I'm catching up on my blog, even though I should be unpacking boxes! ... There's always tomorrow, right!?
We will shout for joy when you are victorious
and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the LORD grant all your requests.
Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed;
he answers him from his holy heaven
with the saving power of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. ~ Psalm 20:5-7
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Saving It For Us
Posted by Sherry at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! What an amazing testimony to our God. I am so excited the Lord has given you this new home...may you fill it with lots of love.
I also enjoyed your recent post titled "peace".
Blessings,
Hilary Forrest
What an awesome story! And yes, your new home is gorgeous. Praise God for his goodness.
Post a Comment