Monday, May 11, 2009

Hey it is HOllie!!!! I get to post about our shopping experience and rest of the day!!!! WELL TO START OUR PAPER WORK GOT HERE!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! But for the rest of the day, we got up and then we went to the Hilton to exchange money. Robel took us to some shops on the street! There were a lot of hand made baskets and carved animals and traditional clothes! We bought some really cool stuff!!!! Then we went to this restaurant that was an art gallery!!! The paintings were so cool. They described the culture and the people in bright colorful ways! After lunch we went to the transition home to hang out with the kids! They came right up to Mom and Dad! They were asking to be picked up! We gave the boys cars and Isaiah loved his car!! He had to go show all of his friends that were napping and everyone that came where we were playing he showed them! Josiah sat most of the time in Dads lap or in Mom's airs! And Lydia was CRAZY!! She was eating grass and rocks!!! She is very ornery she liked taking Joshiah's car to make him cry! Yesterday she did not want to go to Dad but today she let Dad spin her and tickle her!!! Now we are getting ready for our traditional Ethiopian dinner!! There we will eat all the food that the locals eat and there will be dancing and Ethiopian music!!!!

22 comments:

taylor said...

PTL that the paperwork got there!!!!!:) So glad that the kids are recognizing you guys now!!

Praising Him!
~Taylor

Molly said...

Praise God that the paperwork got there!! :)

Eat something adventurous for me, Hollie, okay? lol I can just picture you scrunching up your nose in disgust at some gross dish haha.

Have fun tonight! :)

Molly

Jaime said...

glad the paperwork got there on time. still praying for parks family!

Kelly Semlow-Smith said...

God answers! I just keep looking a the pictures and smiling! Am so glad the kids are adjusting to Mom and Dad. Sounds like Annabelle's got competetion in the ornery deptartment. That should be fun. Called Grandma and Grandpa Semlow and filled them in. They send all their love.

Ehouchin said...

So glad to hear about the paper work!! Glad the kids are getting more comfortable with you guys! Can't wait to meet them!

Kari said...

Praise the Lord that your paperwork made it just in time!!! whew:)
We are thrilled to hear the details of your special day with the kids. Give Robel a big hug from the Gibsons. We can't wait for your next trip to our neck of the woods:)))
love ya
xoxo

Sanders Family said...

AWESOME! the paperwork got there PTL! thanks for the update the kiddos sounds like SO much fun can't wait to meet them in person!!

-Elliot

Amy said...

So neat to hear from your perspective Hollie! Love picturing those sweet brothers and sister coming right up to your mom and dad! It is wonderful to have glimpses into their personalities…orneriness and all! I just want to shout out praises with you over the paperwork!!! Glory to His Name!!!!! The MOUNTAIN MOVER! Kaden had a playdate with Libi today and I had to share some stories:

First of all he informed me that Libi’s kitchen was a MESS!!! He went right to work and got it organized. When he was finished he stepped back and admired his work and said, “There, all organized.”

I needed to climb up on a chair to reach something and he warned me to be careful. He then asked me if I knew that chairs were for sitting not standing.

We were playing music and he told me, “Make sure you follow the rules, my rules.”

At lunch I asked him a ? and he said, “I can tell you after I am done chewing.”

Then at lunch he asked me how bread was made. Then he wanted to know how hot dogs were made. I may have traumatized him a bit here and gone into too much detail because when we moved onto milk he kept repeating that the cows do not need to die to get the milk. If the cows died then we would not be able to squeeze the milk out and there would be no milk for our family. He then told me “never, ever let the cow die.” SORRY! :-

He is such a JOY!!! I have not laughed and played like that since Jack was little. I had so much fun. He is a sweet boy. He is ready to give his brothers choices of what they would like to play with him when they come home. He seemed like he is doing VERY well. I am hoping he can come back to play with me, I mean Libi, again this week.

Love to all 6 of you!!!!!!!!

Amy

Laura Whittaker said...

Praising God for the great news about your paperwork! He has gone before you and will continue to do so ~ what a blessing it is to watch HIM work! Hollie ~ loved reading your post! All FOUR of your younger siblings are incredibly blessed to have you and Corinne as big sisters :).

All the pictures you've posted are absolutely precious (sniff, sniff). Thanks for sharing your joys with all of us. We'll keep praying!!

With love,
the Whittakers :>

Sawickipedia said...

YES! GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD!
His faithfulness constantly astounds me. I love these updates, my I miss my daily hug from Hollie during 5th hour! Have fun! Can't wait to meet them!

~So

Kaylee Arnold said...

YAY!!

Pete Juvinall said...

It's *great* to hear things are going well! Yeah for good paperwork!!! :)

karin arnold said...

Awesome news about the paper work!! We have had such a great time following your adventures!! Tell your mom she had me crying, on the meeting of their parents. I'm excited that they recognized your mom and dad, how awesome! Praise God!! We miss you!

Karin

Sullivans said...

Hey guys, Yes I'm reading the blog,can you believe it! I wanted to find out how you were all doing. The pictures of the kids are beautiful. Sherry, I can't imagine a more precious mother's day gift then three wonderful children. I loved reading about the day you met them. I'm crying tears of joy for all of you! Can't wait to meet our new cousins.

Sullivans said...

Hi again! I just read to the girls your adventures with the kids. Kailee didn't realize that Lydia has a birthday in Aug. she's so excited now that she's planning her birthday. We are all laughing at the different things that the kids are doing. Kaitlynn's comment was that you will all have your hands full but what a joyful thing to be busy with! Our church is praying for you and so are we.

Sydney S. said...

HOLLIE!!:)
Sounds like you are having an awesome time!! It's great that you are in Ethiopia, meeting the kiddys and experiencing a different country. Keep posting:) I'm so happy for your fam and PTL, YOUR PAPERWORK GOT THERE:) Can't wait to see the kids:o)

Sydney

lisa k. said...

I knew God would would show you His mighty ways and get the paperwork to you on time. Praising Jesus for this. So neat to think of the bond tht is already happening with their new mommy and daddy. I am sure they are crazy over their big sissies too. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!!

Love, the Kindred's

Sanders Family said...

Hello sweet Semlows,
I took a last minute trip to Georgia to see family, so have been out of touch for a couple of days. What an amazing couple of days you have had! I can only imagine the bombardment of emotions you must be experiencing. Remember that these few days will be the most intense.
I don't know if this will help you, but for some reason I think I'm supposed to share this with you. Have been reading tonight about sensory processing with these kiddos. Thinking- about Lydia eating rocks and grass or Josiah/Isaiah? darting from you- just read that sometimes their nervous systems can't accurately organize or regulate certain stimulation at first, because with most children, the mother is sending thousands of messages to their children about how to regulate themselves and they learn to modulate their responses to what mom approves of.. Until they get this down, they rely on more primitive areas of the brain. Eating grass sort of lines up with that! hee-hee.
The AWESOME news is that you are about to flood them with all those messages about what the right way to respond is and it will all begin to reverse- SO HANG IN THERE!!!!! Combine that with the redemptive power of Jesus and you have a winning combination! I love you guys so much and will be praying fervently during my time away and can't wait to see you Sat.!!!!
Blessings my sweet friends, Laura

Pete Juvinall said...

Hey, happy Embassy Day!

The Millers said...

Thank you Jesus! Just knew He would come through with the paperwork. Hollie we loved Ethiopia from your perspective. Ok, Corinne, you are next!!
How precious that the boys ran to their Mama and Daddy. The same will be true of Lydia soon. You have so much time to win their precious hearts, and who wouldn't love a Semlow??

Anxiously awaiting new pictures. We love their smiles, and the "spice" in their eyes. Oh how wonderfully full your arms will be! Trust He will fill you to overflowing with peace, patience, wisdom, and love. They are His... but how graciously He has loaned them to you to raise them to know Him and then to be "gifted" back to Him!
Cannot wait to see you all in person. When we thought that paperwork might delay you from coming home we couldn't bear it! Love you ALL!

Katie Redfern said...

Thanking God with you that your paperwork arrived at the embassy!! yeah! :)

Kelly Semlow-Smith said...

Hope you had a good day! I enjoyed reading all of the comments. You have a great support group. Kaden is a hoot! I'm sure your missing him terriably but he seems to be having a good time. Will continue to pray for safe travel.