Sunday, May 10, 2009

Prayer Needed for Paperwork!!!

We talked to Duni tonight (Sunday) and our visa paperwork for the kids has still not reached the Embassy. If it is not there by Wednesday, we will be delayed in coming home. :( Please, please PRAY BIG!!! We have seen God work miraculousy many times before, and we are trusting him to do that again.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photos!! We'll pray for you. You all look happy, can't wait to meet them!

Kari said...

Semlows, we'll be praying. From a family that was delayed 2 weeks...we understand the importance of every single piece of paper!!! Praying fervently! We love you

Debi said...

Hi Semlows!!
I loved the pictures.
It was awesome to see you with these kids that we have prayed so long for. What a fantastic first outing with them- to go to church and worship together. God has made you into a family for such a time as this and you already have and will touch many lives.
Praying for the paperwork. God knows whre it is and how to get it whre it needs to be.
Happy Mother's day, Sherry.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Kaylee Arnold said...

I love the pictures!! They are all so cute! We are praying for you guys!

Melissa Juvinall said...

We are praying too! At church this morning Pastor Bob spoke from 1 Peter 1:1-9, and I couldn't stop thinking about you all and praying for you! Though it's an awesome trip, you WILL face trials of many kinds there. Praying that you can surrender to the ride God has you on (not that you haven't done it already!!!) and trust the God who knows you and your kiddos. Praying specifically for paperwork to get fixed and for you to come home!!! Happy Mother's Day!

Jaime said...

we are praying for you. please let tia know we are praying for their tess & are thinking of them also. i can't believe our DTE buddies are in ethiopia!! maybe you will hear news of our court date monday (good i hope). give our sweet girl hugs!

kim said...

Praying Praying Praying!

The Millers said...

Know we will be praying fervently for the paperwork! Remember He can move the mountains-even when they are disguised as papers! I thought of you as we were driving home from church and "Mighty to Save"came on. This is Sarah Beth's new favorite song-we sing it ALL the time! We got new pictures of Gabriel today and she clapped and said "brother coming home!" We are so filled with joy that Isaiah, Josiah and Lydia are coming home! They are truly beautiful!

The Millers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene said...

Joining you in prayer for the visas. We've seen many miracles from our God throughout your journey and we know He can move mountains! We're praying for another one to be moved! We love you all! Irene

Sawickipedia said...

GUYS! The pictures are fantastic! I'm so happy for all of you, I can't even begin to describe it. We're all praying for you. God's timing is perfect!

~So

The Millers said...

Kevin and Sherry,

We are praying for you. Melissa mentioned that we listened to "Mighty to Save" on the way home from church and thought of you.

On the way to church we heard a song called "Amazing" by Parachute Band. Here are the lyrics:

You are my sole provider
You are the Prince of Peace
You are my defender
And I want to worship
You are the victory won
You are the risen one
To You I surrender
And I want to worship

Never gonna be the same
Love will never leave me
God You're amazing

You are my sole provider
You are the Son of God
You are my protector
And I want to worship
You are the victory won
You are the risen one
To You I surrender
And I want to worship

This is our prayer of thanksgiving in advance of whatever He does. Please know that whether He moves in the way we want (to bring that paperwork in on time) or not, He is in control--because He is sovereign, He is sufficient.

Lord, we pray you will bring that paperwork in quickly!

Kelly Semlow-Smith said...

We are so excited!! We just keep looking at the pictures and smiling!! JB can't wait to play with his cousins. Boys!!!! yea!! I've been printing everything off the computer for Mom and Dad. All is going well here. We are praying for the Visa's!!!! I have shared your blog with several people at school and church. You have a huge fan base!! Love you and wish you safe travel! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Katie Redfern said...

Semlows, I'm praying for your paperwork! Same thing happened with us... finally came through on Wednesday morning!! aaa!

So glad that you've finally gotten to meet your precious 3. :) Praying for much grace, energy, patience, etc. for you to get through the next few days... and healthy tummies. ;)

Please do keep us updated on the Parks, as we are praying for little Tess.