Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ready or Not, Here We Go ...

Well our journey has finally brought us to the place we have dreamed about for 2 1/2 years. We are ready to get on that plane and bring our children home. The bags are packed to the brim. And we are down to the final 20 something things we need to do before we go. (Which probably won't get done, because every time I cross something off the list, I think of one or two more to add. At some point, you just get on the plane and go.)

I thought I would post our flight information and intinerary for those of you who have asked. Addis Ababa is 8 hours ahead. We will try to post on here and probably facebook as electricity and internet connection allow. We cannot access blogger from Ethiopia, but we are planning to have the comments you post on here forwarded to a gmail account that we can access. We should also be able to access facebook comments too.

Before we go, THANK YOU to all of you for your amazing support, prayers, and encouragement through these last months and years. This journey has been hard, and is probably about to get harder, but it has been full of INCREDIBLE of blessing. We could not have walked this alone. We love you all!

It looks like we will arrive back in Bloomington around 4:30 pm on Saturday May 16th (via a car ride from the Ohare Airport). We will head to the BN airport to see you all before going home. We would LOVE for anyone who wants to welcome our three new ones home to meet us there. (We will try to post any flight or time delays on here.)

Departure Schedule:
Wed 5/6 Leave BN at 7:00 am to drive to Ohare
Leave Chicago at 1:08 pm
Arrive in DC at 4:00 pm
Leave DC at 8:30 pm
Thurs 5/7 Arrive in Addis at 7:00pm

Itinerary:
Arrive in Addis Ababa Thursday night (Thursday day here)
Friday - We will drive 6 hours to Awasa to meet the kids birth parents
Saturday - Return from Awasa
Sunday - International church, free day
Monday - Meet children
Tuesday - Pick up children
Wednesday - Embassy day to apply for kids visas
Thursday - Visit orphanages
Friday - Receive kids visas and fly home

Return Travel:
Friday 5/15 Leave Addis Ababa at 10:15 pm
Sat 5/16 Arrive in DC at 7:55 am
Leave DC at 12:18 pm
Arive at Ohare at 1:21 pm
Drive to BN airport - 4:30ish pm

9 comments:

Sherry said...

test

Kelly said...

God bless you guys!!! I am so glad that this day has finally come and I can't wait to see photos of you with your kids!!!

Name Nazi said...

Its going to be a busy, emotional, draining week full of tears and joy and probably a little heartbreak at the plight of all the others over there. I pray for peace, for easy travels, and for God's provision everywhere you go.

Its finally here! Congratulations!

Kari said...

THIS IS IT!! We are soooo excited for the Semlow family to get on that plane. We will religiously stalk your blog for updates!! We are praying!!
Love you!!!
xoxo

Travis and Lindsey's Ethiopia Adoption said...

Sherry-We are so excited that you guys are getting to leave tomorrow!!! We can't wait to meet your precious children!!
Love
Lindsey

Debi said...

Sherry and Semlows,
I am so excited for you!!!
God is faithful to do all He promises.
Wish that I was closer so I could be a part of the "Welcome home" for the new ones.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

kim said...

Sherry

I am so excited for you!!! We're praying for your trip and can't wait to see pictures of you holding your ET babes!!! Safe travels and lots of love,
Kim

Pete Juvinall said...

Go Go Go! :) Hey, heard there's storms today...we'll be praying for *no* delays on the Chicago/DC leg.

Godspeed - we love you guys!

Susan Pappas said...

Wow - what a day today is. Only more excitement to come. Many prayers for safe travel and smooth transitions.