Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Good Day

The rest of the day after naptime took a turn for the better. We went to the park and played bubbles and catch with a velcro ball and mitt set. She had great fun with both. We then took her to pick out a couple of Chinese movies and a couple of toys from Jordan's. Let me tell you, this girl can work a yo-yo.

We got more smiles out of her tonight, but still very quiet. She seems to like the Mandarin I am using with her and will nod her head yes or no in response. AFter bath time, I looked up the word beautiful and said it to her and showed her. She said the word in Mandarin for me and then said it in English. This was her first attempt at an English word (not even a mama, baba, or jiejie yet).

She is now watching her Pleasant Goat dvd - it sounds weird, but she has giggled and spoken to us in Chinese a bit, so I think it is definitely bringing comfort. Thank you all for your continued prayers. I feel the God of peace ministering to her heart. Kevin, Corinne, and I are all doing good. Just dragging a little bit in the evenings and sad for Mia's fear. But we are taking it all in stride. Mia is such a sweet girl, I cannot wait until she is chattering away with us. I know it will come with time.









9 comments:

Amy Joy said...

Sherry - What a precious little girl. I am praying that the peace that passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus!

In His Grace,
Amy Joy

p.s. If you need a substitute to watch the little ones while your gone, we'd be delighted to have them.

Dr. Sarah said...

I love these pictures. . .especially the one of the three of you girls. . .Mia in the middle. . .and the one of her on the little dog with the flowers in the background. I wish I had taken more in Ghana. I can't believe how much she was meant for you all. Sherry, you're glowing. . .Christ is working in you. . .PTL!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see you all again!

Teresa said...

We love the picture of Hollywood Mia! She is so cute! So glad she is warming up to you and continue to pray for all fear to be gone. Hannah likes the pic of Corrine and Mia on the playground. She wants to go on the same equipment with Olivia when we come to China. She also liked the part about Mia laughing during the Movie! Thanking Jesus for the wisdom he is giving you to make her feel at home and a part. The Davis family are anxiously awaiting your visit to the orphanage on Thursday!

Tiffany Unger said...

Our family is really enjoying sharing your experience through your blog. The pictures are priceless!

Teresa said...

Hey, I was looking back through your pics and noticed Corrine is walking withough crutches!!! Continuing to pray for her healing as well!

Alex said...

What wonderful pictures! Mia is absolutely beautiful! We will be praying for each of you!

Love,
The Lipic Family

The Millers said...

Kevin, Sherry, and Corinne,

Thanks for the pictures and the comments. They bring back such great memories. We absolutely loved Jordan and it was neat to meet a Chinese believer.

If you can, go to the service at Christ Church (diagonal from the deli at the White Swan). If it is still the same, the first service is completely in Chinese and the second service is translated into English. Because of the amount of time we were there we went to the Chinese only service the first time and then to the mixed service the next week.

I know that you know it, but it is still difficult when you are living it--Mia is grieving and that is a normal part of the process. Allowing her to do it in her way will reap dividends later.

It is probably a good reminder to us all to allow you space with Mia for her to bond with you as Mom and Dad when you get home.

The Millers

PS--we have some friends who are coming later this week for their third adoption--the Straights. We gave them your blog address and asked them to keep an eye out for you.

Amy said...

Seems that things are going really well! I am amzed at the little ways the Spirit is guiding you to comfort your daughter, and the sweet moments you have already shared. I am thankful that she is appriciating your efforts at Mandarian words, and not smacking you in the face like Haddie did! :) Also glad that you found Jordan's. He is a sweet man, whose desire is to honor the Lord. Make sure you let Mia try a fresh apple juice at Lucy's...I enjoyed them as well!

Haddie saw the picture of Mia looking a little sad and said, "Ah, Mia sad. I sad China. I happy now."

Enjoying the journey! Singing praises of thanksgiving here over what He has done!

Love you , Amy

Katrina said...

Hi guys!

Your little Mia is just darling! I am enjoying following your adoption journey. Thanks for writing and sharing. My heart just sunk and my eyes welled with tears when I read that she was scared. Praying for you!

Katrina