We all slept well again last night. We have had a quiet morning today, just hanging out in the hotel room and bonding. Lots of smiles today, and we are starting to get a few words out of her. Thanks Amy for the Chinese/English dictionary. We are using it tons and it is working well to help us communicate with her. And luckily, if she doesn't understand my pronunciation, I can point to the word and she can read it.
Mia and daddy played War with cards. After each round, she would count her cards in English. She can get to about 20 pretty good.
Then she showed daddy up with her yo-yo skills. She giggled that daddy had a few tricks of his own, but she definitely has him beat.
We played some play-doh. I don't think she had ever seen it before, because she wasn't interested and shook her head no when I first got it out. After I started making creations, she caught on pretty quickly. We had fun making food for each other.
She and Corinne are now doing each other's nails. She has definitely seen this before, as she is very good at painting her own nails.
We are getting ready to meet up with the Grimms and head over to McDonalds for lunch. We then will head to the police station to get her passports photos done.

9 comments:
So happy to see another post before bed here! You are having such a blessed time with your sweet little girl, it is so evident! How wonderful that she has had some English. I am loving all of the pictures! Sherry, guess we were right, tiny little thing! You guys thought of everything...bubbles, Velcro gloves, playdough, nail stuff....wish we were there! :)
Enjoy McD's...grab a hamburger for Lib!!!!
I am so thankful to hear your good news. I am taking notes on what she is enjoying so I know what to pack when we go. She looks very sweet and content. I am so happy it is going well. Thanks for continuing to post. What a blessing to see how she is transforming!
Sherry,
I think I am loving seeing the smiles on your faces as much as I am hers- I am cracking up that even in the midst of such crazy circumstances before you left, you still managed to take ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING a little girl would want. That is classic Sherry style- if you could just be a wee bit disorganized every once in a while it would make me feel a whole lot better about myself! :):)
Have you seen any brides in the park taking portraits? Such a beautiful little area for you to be able to enjoy with her.
I know the orphanage visit is right around the corner- soak in every sight and sound, and photograph every detail you can- of any connection she has to those 1st nine years,
Then you can carefully journal it for her, since she more than likely has no written record or journal about her memories there. I can't wait to see you smooching on Olivia.
We're loving your blogging, but seriously, Sherry, 5 pictures is simply not enough to keep us hermit homeschoolers content.!!!!! Heehee- kidding of course.?
BTW: CORINNE LOOKS GREAT! So glad she's there with you. Much love to you all,
Laura
Amazed at what a sweet little girl God has brought to you all . . . but not surpised :) Love watching Kevin playing "war" with Mia . . . that is a tradition in our home as well . . . though I'm pretty sure Kole stacks the deck when he plays with Jason!
Can't wait to have you all home . . . so many wonderful years ahead, and a lot of little "China girls" on this side of the ocean waiting excitedly to meet their new friend!
Nina thinks she's beautiful and has started wearing her pig tails like Mia ;)
Praying God gives you all an amazing day :)
Hi, Semlows!
So happy to see you with your beautiful daughter! Can't wait to have you all home as a family of nine! :) I had so much fun watching the boys today. They were very good, and talked about how excited they are to have Mia home with them. Isaiah was telling me how he loves God so much because he writes his name in the Book of Life. He wasn't sure how He could write his name on stone though, but figured out that God was powerful enough to do anything. I just thought I would share his sweet words with you. You can tell they are anxious to have thier family together again.
We are praying for the rest of your time in China! So glad that Mia is doing well with her forever family!
Emilee
Semlows!
You took a package to our son when you traveled to Ethiopia during the summer of 2009. I'm just checking in and.... WOW!
What wonderful things to read about! The newest addition to your already beautiful family is precious! How exciting! I can't wait to read more.
Safe travels,
Andrea Logue
www.thelogueway.blogspot.com
What a beautiful little girl!!! Love to see the great smiles! Been praying for God to minister to her in her grief; also that God would prompt you how to love on her!!
We enjoyed Josiah. He was nervous like you warned us but by the second day I'm not sure he was ready to go with Hollie...ha!! He was driving the F150 all and I do mean "ALL" over!!ha
Loved Haddie's comment about being sad in China but now being happy...broke my heart!! Mia will be the same!
Love all "9" of you...(yes 9):)) you!!
The last message was from me not Taylor...
Love,
Lisa
She looks so happy! If Natalie Reichenbach makes it up from Florida this summer, I'd love to get all 3 girls together if possible.
Congratulations.
Oh, and based on the pictures, I'd *swear* you're in the same room we had at the Victory. We were in the corner of the 4th floor.
Post a Comment